Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PuneTech Seminar on Key Legal Issues in InfoTech

Leave a Comment
I attended the seminar organized by SEAP on legal issues in InfoTech organized at PSPL, Pune. It was a good event to attend and was very informative. The first 90 minutes were excellent where Gauree (one of the speaker) discussed about confidentiality. It became a very interactive session and hence could not cover IP rights. Rest of the 2 hours were little more into legal issues like contracts, jurisdiction, arbitration, etc which I could manage to understand.
When Bharat started speaking he asked if there are any lawyers in the audience as the quality of questions to Gowree was very good. And to my surprise almost 50% of the audience raised hands.
Ah ....after that every 5 minutes there was some legal-jargon which I thought should be discussed in a "lawyers only" seminar. At one point of time there was a short group discussion between the lawyers on the dias and the lawyers in the audience.
But it was good to learn that there are so many things which we overlook for whatever reasons. "India mein sab chalta hai".

Someone asked in the end if we could have a workshop focused on the issues faced by startups. And good news is that the panel had already planned an event code named "StarttoMaturity". The date was not disclosed.

But surely it was a very informative session. I am hoping the next NDA or contract I sign I would be able to make sense out of it.

I am looking forward to the next workshop on IP rights.

0 comments: